Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Worship

As a worship leader, my heart is always hungry for new worship songs. I'm constantly checking out new worship bands and new albums on Spotify. Most of the time, I find songs that are very...please don't be offended...cheesy (I'm not naming names...). I could go on and on about Hillsong and how much I love everything that comes out of that place...I mean, "Oceans" has totally replaced "Hosanna" as my new jam. But- everyone knows Hillsong. In fact, our entire set list last weekend was penned by Joel Houston and his friends. I'm not complaining...they're my favorite! I just always want to find new stuff (see, I used that word a lot in this post for a reason...). Most Wednesdays, I'll offer a little bit of something new in worship that I'm discovering. Whether it be an entire record or just a simple song, I want to share it with you! I hope each one blesses you as much as it has blessed me.

I'm a part of a fantastic community of women who lead worship here in the Twin Cities. We love to share songs with each other and at our last meeting my sweet friend (and old roommate!) Anna shared a song called "He is All We Need" by Highlands Worship. I've pretty much had it on repeat for the last 3 weeks. In fact, the whole record is pretty great...definitely worth it for you to check out! It's on Spotify, so you've got nothing to lose! This entire song is incredible. It's got an empowering, encouraging message that reignites some fire for Jesus deep within you. Super inspirational. My absolute favorite part is the huge bridge. The lyrics are:

Jesus, Savior has come
We believe the savior has come
We know that,
Victory's been won
Because Jesus, the Savior has come



Simple, yet so beautiful. I could just sing it all day long! I've posted the video here so you can check it out if you're inclined. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Please check out more of Highlands Worship's stuff here. I can never get enough of anointed worship!





xo,
Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment