Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday Tip #2

I'm officially done with school for the summer! Thank the Lord! You really reach a point when you wonder if you'll make it through. Somehow, some way, I always make it to summer. Whew.

I have so many things that I'm so excited to share this summer. God has been working something crazy in me and I can't wait to see where He leads me. Stay tuned!

Before I jump in to this Tuesday Tip, I want you to know that my sweet husband spoke this weekend at church & gave a killer message about being faithful in the little things. I might be a little biased, but I think he knocked it out of the park. If you have a few minutes, check it out here.

Here we go!

A tip that Chad and I were given right after we got engaged was to make a rule not to talk about church. Obviously there's a time and place to talk about what's going on with our ministries and at our church, but this can consume all of your conversation! Because he's on staff and I'm highly involved at our church and simply because we're both so passionate about our ministries, we find ourselves talking about it often. All the time, even. This might not seem like that big of a deal at first, but it's all too easy to fall into a routine of this. Eventually, you'll wake up 10 years later next to someone you don't even know. Okay, maybe it's not that dramatic. But, create boundaries regarding "business" talk. This might mean kid talk, work talk, finance talk- make sure you set aside time for dream talk, vision talk, interest talk...keep getting to know each other. Keep learning about each other. Be intentional about your date night conversation. It keeps things spicy. :) Try it!

xo,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment